Saturday, July 24, 2010

Final Adaptation

I feel that I am really adapted to Paris now, I understand how things work, I don’t constantly consult a map and I even give directions to others. I am really just enjoying myself and learning, the small things aren’t challenging anymore I realize that now I am simply living in France, I’m living here! How amazing and astonishing, I never imagined I would be living in Paris at twenty but here I am. I’m loving my work, it’s very diverse at the moment and I feel that my skills are being really well applied and that my supervisor has a good sense of who I am from what she assigns me. I feel that I’ve made my final adaption overall, I have French friends who I’ll be celebrating my birthday with at a little beach on the Seine, I can tell a good cafe from a bad one without eating there, and I was even mistaken for Parisian by a tourist today which was flattering, she thought I was native. As soon as I said no I was not ‘from around here’ she walked off but that’s not the point! I looked Parisian merely walking down the street, now that’s adaption!
And now it is all ending so fast! I only have three more weeks in France and my mood keeps swinging back and forth between exhausted and charged. I feel like I can’t take it in fast enough before I will find myself back in the air, the dust has settled and I can see clearly but it is all about to be shaken up again, back to a more well-trod rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment